The schools have broken up and lots of you will be planning to jet off to wonderful destinations for your summer holiday. But what about your knitting or crochet? Can you imagine one or two weeks without your favourite craft? We just wouldn’t be able to fully relax without a pair of needles or hook in hand.
If you are anything like us you’ll be facing the annual dilemma of which projects to take with you. How many projects do you need for a two week break? Which projects to choose? Will you need to ditch some clothes to fit it all in?
We've all been there, right? So we thought we would put together some tips for you:
- - Make a list - don't leave it to the last moment to try and decide because you’ll probably end up cramming your case full and taking too much.
- - Are you going to a hot country? If you are you probably won’t want to take a huge jumper with you. Accessories like Junko, Bridges or Nymph will make great holiday projects.
- - Take projects you want to finish that pack up small such as socks or shawls. Not only are they relaxing but it’s so satisfying to cross them off your WIP list.
- - The finer the yam the more projects you can take so anything in 4ply is perfect.
- - Print out your patterns! Last year one of the team was in Sardinia. The resort said they had WIFI and they did but the speed was barely faster than a dial up connection so downloading patterns was simply not possible.
- - Take the essentials, tape measure, scissors, stitch markers because you just can’t rely on there being a yarn shop near to where you are.
- - Have a good think about which kind of needles and hooks you take, especially in your hand luggage. While most airports will allow them through it is down to individual security staff so wooden needles and hooks are worth considering. If you are concerned do check the website of the airport you are travelling from and remember security staff have your best interests at heart.
Wherever you are going and however long you are going for we hope you have a wonderful time and we’d love to see some pictures of you with your holiday projects.